Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Clicking Hard Drive but Health shows as Good
09-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Clicking Hard Drive but Health shows as Good
Drobo Mini with 4x 1 tb and 128gb mSATA. Unit works well for the past year or so that I owned it, no complaint.

Now one of the drive is making that click of death sound hard drives make when it's on its last leg. No problem, I bought a spare. Thing is, Dashboard shows Health being Good, clicking on each drive and it shows that Health is Good as well. Led all shows green, but every so often during access one of the drives is clicking.

So how good is the failure prediction of Drobo? Should I just keep letting it click until it finally dies and replace or should I try to pre-empt and determine which is bad? Plenty of very important data on the Drobo so I don't want to take my chance in losing the entire thing.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2014, 08:21 PM
RE: Clicking Hard Drive but Health shows as Good
hi maybe you can run a drobo diagnostics and pass it to support as they might be able to see how the drive is doing

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply