Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
$50 Rebate Problem
08-01-2014, 01:27 PM
$50 Rebate Problem
I took advantage of the $50 Loyalty Rebate for Gen1 users buying a new Gen3. They sent me a Visa Electron card from the UK which is supposed to work just like a Visa Debit card. Unfortunately, the card did not work at Walmart or Amazon. Have any of you received this card and found a way to use it in the US?
Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2014, 11:21 AM
RE: $50 Rebate Problem
hmm that's interesting..

i was always wondering about getting a gen3, and then saw that the rebate offer was only available to usa, (or at least that's what i thought) Smile

so you are in the usa, and they sent you a pre-paid uk card with $50 of credit?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
08-07-2014, 08:11 AM
Apparently FBME Card Services (the card issuer) is under investigation for alleged shenanigans. They told me that Visa Europe has temporarily suspended their ability to process Visa cards, and to try again later.
Drobo sent an email acknowledging that the card would not work in the US, and they'll be sending a new card.
08-07-2014, 09:10 AM
(08-07-2014 08:11 AM)craig7 Wrote:  Apparently FBME Card Services (the card issuer) is under investigation for alleged shenanigans. They told me that Visa Europe has temporarily suspended their ability to process Visa cards, and to try again later.
Drobo sent an email acknowledging that the card would not work in the US, and they'll be sending a new card.

Yes, an e-mail should have been sent out to all customers that bought a GEN 3 through the GEN1/2 Loyalty program on the Drobo store. We apologize, I have been advised that replacement cards should be sent out by the end of the week. Again we apologize for the mishap, if anyone has not received an e-mail regarding this, please feel free to PM me.