Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time Machine replaces Drobo icon
07-26-2014, 04:40 AM
Question Time Machine replaces Drobo icon
Hi All.
Please help!
Time machine works like a charm, but replaced the wonderful Drobo5D Thunderbolt icon with the odd default Time Machine one.

Where can I find the default Drobo 5D Thunderbolt icon, or can anybody send me one?

Many thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2014, 09:47 AM
RE: Time Machine replaces Drobo icon
hello, have a look here and maybe there is something that helps?
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
09-16-2014, 10:35 AM
(07-26-2014 04:40 AM)taituara Wrote:  Hi All.
Please help!
Time machine works like a charm, but replaced the wonderful Drobo5D Thunderbolt icon with the odd default Time Machine one.

Where can I find the default Drobo 5D Thunderbolt icon, or can anybody send me one?

Many thanks in advance.

The following solution worked for me:

1. create a new folder on your desktop (any name is fine)
2. disable time machine (not necessary, but buys you time if you walk away from computer during net step)
3. reboot your computer
4. at bootup, drobo icon is not yet changed to time machine icon
5. right click drobo, click get info
6. right click on small drobo icon at top of get info panel and press Cmd+C to copy
7. right click on created folder, click on small folder icon at top of get info panel and press Cmd+V to paste. you should now have drobo icon representing that folder
8. restart time machine and run backup. this will turn your drobo icon to time machine icon
9. copy icon from created folder back to drobo in same manner as above.
10. the icon should now "stick"

You can delete the temporary folder, or better yet stick it somewhere in case you need to use it again later.

Hope this works for you as it has for me!

Brian
11-15-2014, 02:55 PM
(09-16-2014 10:35 AM)brian.berger@gmail.com Wrote:  
(07-26-2014 04:40 AM)taituara Wrote:  Hi All.
Please help!

Many thanks in advance.

The following solution worked for me:

1. create a new folder on your desktop (any name is fine)
2. disable time machine (not necessary, but buys you time if you walk away from computer during net step)
3. reboot your computer
4. at bootup, drobo icon is not yet changed to time machine icon
5. right click drobo, click get info
6. right click on small drobo icon at top of get info panel and press Cmd+C to copy
7. right click on created folder, click on small folder icon at top of get info panel and press Cmd+V to paste. you should now have drobo icon representing that folder
8. restart time machine and run backup. this will turn your drobo icon to time machine icon
9. copy icon from created folder back to drobo in same manner as above.
10. the icon should now "stick"

You can delete the temporary folder, or better yet stick it somewhere in case you need to use it again later.

Hope this works for you as it has for me!

Brian

Worked for me as well, thanks for the nice tip.