Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
HowTo manually install a Drobo App
01-02-2015, 09:49 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 06:41 AM by jhaynes9.)
RE: HowTo manually install a Drobo App
I don't seem to have a DroboApps share on my Drobo5N. I've tried connecting as both a regular use and as a guest. I've also looked through the list of shares in both 'Shares' and 'Share Settings' but I don't see it there either. I do have Drobo Apps enabled. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I neglected to connect as 'Admin'. I was connecting as a regular user. All is working as expected now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 03:10 PM
I can't connect to my Drobo from the mac command line. What is the exact syntax? Im connected via point and click, but I need command line access to install a plea update manually. Thanks for any help.
11-04-2015, 10:42 AM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2015 10:42 AM by Paul.)
hi lrozzelle, can i check if you tried orevueltas info about afp connections here, they might work for you?
http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=141632&pid=179124

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
11-16-2016, 02:29 PM
This is an old thread, but...

I can SSH to my Drobo via IP using the Admin user name. When i try to browse to the DroboApps directory on my windows machine it doesnt like any form of username and password I've tried. I've tried .\Admin, I've tried Admin, I've tried any password I could've known and nothing seems to work. I use the Admin username and PW to SSH but that same PW doesnt work when I try to connect to the windows share.
11-18-2016, 04:31 PM
I got it to work... i used the IP instead of the DNS name.
11-21-2016, 04:07 PM
well done for finding a way.

now that you can connect to it, it is probably not worth changing things, but i do wonder if it could end up working via dns name if the computer was told about the ip - for example in windows there is a hosts file... maybe adding an entry to its IP for the dns name, could help make it work via dns?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)