Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
MySQL Drobo App
11-08-2013, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2014 02:10 AM by orevueltas.)
MySQL Drobo App
MySQL the most popular open-source RDBMS (relational database management system) is now available as a Drobo App.

The App is based on MySQL's build Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.6.13.

Before installing the MySQL Drobo App within Drobo Dashboard the following Apps must be installed, failing to do so will prevent the MySQL service from starting:

(Perl)
This is a core dependency, the MySQL Drobo App will fail to start if this is not found.

http://files.drobo.com/droboapps/perl5.tgz

For more information on how to manually install a Drobo App, please read the instructions at the following link:

http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthr...http://www.drobospace.com/forums/showthread.php?

Because the App doesn't have a built-in graphical management interface, users would need to manage and use the service through the command line.

This App should be fully functional and ported to conform to Drobo Apps SDK 2.0.

Please note that the App will auto generate a root password for MySQL, and this password can be found under

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/mysql/data/.mysql_secret

...once installed you can log in using

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p

...If you want to use a UI tool to work with MySQL, you can install MySQLWorkbench from

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/tools/workbench/

...you will need however, to connect to mysql from the command line and execute the following steps to allow remote access

# /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/mysql/bin/mysql -u root -p

mysql> use mysql

mysql> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'%' IDENTIFIED BY 'Pa55w0rd' WITH GRANT OPTION;

mysql> exit
Bye

...you can now point MySQLWorkbench onto the Drobo's IP.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2014, 06:06 PM
RE: MySQL Drobo App
I have Drobo5N.

I installed Perl5 per instructions, no issue. I install MySQL, no issues on install via GUI. But looking at logs I get this

/mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/mysql/bin/mysqld: Table 'mysql.plugin' doesn't exist
2014-12-22 16:33:18 3649 [ERROR] Can't open the mysql.plugin table. Please run mysql_upgrade to create it.

I look to run the mysql_Upgrade but that fails as well.

Looking for 'mysql' as: /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/mysql/bin/mysql
Looking for 'mysqlcheck' as: /mnt/DroboFS/Shares/DroboApps/mysql/bin/mysqlcheck
FATAL ERROR: Upgrade failed

Look to start via Drobo GUI, no error in GUI, but does not start.

same think in logs from install.

Las like is this a well,

[ERROR] Fatal error: Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.user' doesn't exist

Anyone have same issues? This should work out of the box, its drobo app they have in their UI>

Kyle
Find all posts by this user
12-28-2014, 07:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-28-2014 07:42 AM by Tman.)
The last error line is where your actual problem lies. I have had the same issue, the mysql system tables are missing, because the mysql-supplied init script does not run, since there are some perl modules missing from the perl installation on your drobo (or they are there and cannot be included because INC is incorrect, it doesn't matter). Luckily, there is an easy fix.

Here is how to get mysql working without perl:

1. Download the windows zip archive of the community mysql server version 5.6
  2. Delete the contents of the data directory in your mysql installation on your drobo
  3. Unzip the downloaded archive, and copy the content of the data directory from the unzipped archive to the data directory of your mysql installation on your drobo
  4. Edit service.sh and comment out the call to _init_mysql in the start() function (there is no need to call _init_mysql anymore)
  5. Start the server. You can connect as root without a password.
01-19-2015, 02:37 PM
After doing this, I get an error message saying the application couldn't start from within the dashboard. Any other thoughts?

Another user somewhere else suggested changing the path to perl to "perl5" which also did not work.

Neither solution is working, and this is on a reasonably new 5N. I'm at a loss now...
02-13-2015, 05:38 AM
"Cloudbacko pro software" it helps in taking backup and helps restoring too. it comes with two versions one i pro and the other is lite try using it. http://www.cloudbacko.com/
04-01-2015, 02:55 PM
(01-19-2015 02:37 PM)erichter Wrote:  After doing this, I get an error message saying the application couldn't start from within the dashboard. Any other thoughts?

Another user somewhere else suggested changing the path to perl to "perl5" which also did not work.

Neither solution is working, and this is on a reasonably new 5N. I'm at a loss now...

I had to change 2 paths in MySQL's service.sh. Any path that shows "$DROBOAPPS_DIR/perl" needs to be updated to "$DROBOAPPS_DIR/perl5"

After doing this, MySQL started without trouble.
04-04-2015, 12:51 PM
@erichter

Did you ever manage to resolve this? I have the exact same problem. Still can't start MySQL, though, now I get an error message saying it failed to start.

Duke

(01-19-2015 02:37 PM)erichter Wrote:  After doing this, I get an error message saying the application couldn't start from within the dashboard. Any other thoughts?