Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
looking for input from current owners...
12-17-2014, 11:52 AM
RE: looking for input from current owners...
as a current owner of a new 5d I would never under any circumstances buy again or endorse advise to buy anything with drobo on it sorry if my grammar is not correct. but that's been my experience with drobo
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-17-2014, 12:18 PM (This post was last modified: 12-17-2014 12:35 PM by Alith7.)
justlookin~
why do you say that? what isn't working right?
ok, I read through your posts...

I was looking for input on the 5N, not the 5D. It looks like your issues are with connectivity of the USB, and that it won't shut down until you eject it... which is a windows setting, and probably the best way to do it. As long as windows is "connected" the drobo will see the drives as being in use, and between drobo and windows, to avoid data loss, they will not let you shut down the unit.

other than those two issues, do you have any problems with the actual functioning? did you put the optional SSD in the bottom for faster read/write caching?

The Green Bird wins!!
I have a Drobo FS with 3x2TB WD Caviar Green & 2x4TB WD Red NAS
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-22-2014, 01:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2014 02:33 AM by justlookin.)
no sorry m8 this is 5d area hence me thinking you were refuring to a 5d I wont be spending anymore money on anything to do with drobo I will be buying maybe a synology instead so much as I would like to help you I am unable. which brings me to something else i noticed another person posting on this thread thinks drobo's are so wonderful he uses a synology if u read the bottom of all his posts regards
12-22-2014, 01:55 PM
(12-17-2014 12:18 PM)Alith7 Wrote:  justlookin~
why do you say that? what isn't working right?

It won't shutdown when he presses the shutdown button.

What this really means is that he is too stupid or too lazy to figure out what on his machine is access Drobo, preventing it from shutting down.

There's nothing wrong with his Drobo, in this case its clearly the user.

My Avatar is my Panther Chameleon named 'Leon.

I have a owned a Drobo v1, v2, DroboPro, Drobo 5D, DroboFS, Drobo 5N and DroboPro FS

I currently have a Windows 2016 Server with 8 x 8TB Seagate Archive Drives, 14 x 8TB WD Red and 3 x 8TB WD Gold
12-23-2014, 02:17 AM
Docchris keep your opinions to your self I have in no way insulted you do not comment interfere post or contact me or my posts in any way you have nothing useful to say just for the record you have used capital letters in an earlier post = shouting which is considered both rude an ignorant where as myself know I am ignorant otherwise I would not be here out of desperation to try to sort a problem. I will repeat it if you didnt get it the first time do not interfere post on my posts or contact me in any way ???
12-23-2014, 02:28 AM
Its not an opinion, its a statement of fact.

You have said that your Drobo does go to sleep when its disconnected or your machine is off - therefore Drobo is working perfectly.

The only thing not working is the "shutdown" button in the dashboard software. We have explained to you that the reason Drobo won't shutdown is because something on your machine is still accessing it. If you are unwilling to figure out what that is, then you have only yourself to blame.

On the subject of rude.. how would you describe posting the exact same message multiple times, in different people's threads, thereby hijacking their threads with your nonsensical and pointless ramblings, preventing them from getting help?

Or starting posts with giant ALL CAPS lettering in red?
Quote:READ THIS FROM THE BOTTOM UPWARDS TO SEE WHAT A USELESS BUNCH DROBO SUPPORT ARE

Maybe if you had come here and asked for help, you would have received it, instead all you have done is alienate the people who would be trying to help you.

Instead you start with a very aggressive post calling Drobo support useless, and then start posting
Quote:5d is the worst piece of pc related equiptment I have ever come across
multiple times, filling other people's threads with your junk.

If it were up to me, you'd just be banned for wasting peoples' time and spamming the forums.

I have a owned a Drobo v1, v2, DroboPro, Drobo 5D, DroboFS, Drobo 5N and DroboPro FS

I currently have a Windows 2016 Server with 8 x 8TB Seagate Archive Drives, 14 x 8TB WD Red and 3 x 8TB WD Gold
12-23-2014, 02:43 AM
I still haven't posted any insults I have quite clearly asked you not to involve yourself with me go away & help somebody else if you wont take note I will sort it for you your choice
12-23-2014, 02:46 AM
I'll help whomever I please Smile

In your case I am helping everyone else, and you, by explaining your problem in far clearer language than you have been.

12-23-2014, 02:53 AM
I never said you cant help anybody else I said leave me alone ???