Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
5D + Pogoplug
10-09-2013, 07:35 AM
5D + Pogoplug
Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here. I actually have a 1st gen pink Pogoplug that I don't use and would like to access my Drobo files remotely and/or via iOS. The main issue I'm discovering here is interface. My 5D is in the middle of a sick Thunderbolt daisy-chain. My current understanding is that I'd need to disconnect the Drobo from the TB chain and hook it up via USB 2.0 (ouch) to the Pogoplug, only to modify files from the Pogoplug+Drobo drive via the Pogoplug web interface or buggy backup software.

If this understanding isn't accurate, please let me know.

Zathrak

Drobo 5D | 64GB Crucial m4 SSD | 5 x 3TB Hitachi | Late 2012 iMac Intel Core i7 3.4Ghz, OS X Mountain Lion via Thunderbolt
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-2013, 07:37 AM
RE: 5D + Pogoplug
thats correct - you cant use two differnet interfaces at once

you might be better off finding some software that you can run on your computer which replicates the pogoplug functionality

My Avatar is my Panther Chameleon named 'Leon.

I have a owned a Drobo v1, v2, DroboPro, Drobo 5D, DroboFS, Drobo 5N and DroboPro FS

I currently have a Windows 2016 Server with 8 x 8TB Seagate Archive Drives, 14 x 8TB WD Red and 3 x 8TB WD Gold
10-09-2013, 12:08 PM
RE: 5D + Pogoplug
(10-09-2013 07:35 AM)Zathrak Wrote:  My 5D is in the middle of a sick Thunderbolt daisy-chain.
Sorry, I had to chuckle at this, mainly because it brings back memories of a former me. Smile

(10-09-2013 07:37 AM)Docchris Wrote:  you might be better off finding some software that you can run on your computer which replicates the pogoplug functionality
There's Pogoplug PC but it might be Windows-only (it's not offering me Mac), and it's pay... but $30 is worth avoiding the headache of disassembling and reassembling your Thunderbolt chain if it's something that's going to happen more than once.
This KB article alludes that it's possible to install it on a Mac though... I mean, it has to be installed in order to uninstall it, right? Smile

--Brandon | WHS2011+Drive Bender/2x Drobo v2/Drobo S G1/ Drobo S G2/Transporter
Drobo provides fault-tolerance, it's NOT a substitute for regular backups.
Drobo Best Practices - Official and Community-sourced.