Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
mSATA Compatibility List
11-28-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: mSATA Compatibility List
Multi-angle DVD is often used for story branching (different endings, some simple director's cut)
Requires Closed GOPs and an advanced-level authoring program.
(Yeah, once upon a time I knew a lot a bit about DVD authoring...)

--Brandon | WHS2011+Drive Bender/2x Drobo v2/Drobo S G1/ Drobo S G2/Transporter
Drobo provides fault-tolerance, it's NOT a substitute for regular backups.
Drobo Best Practices - Official and Community-sourced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2012, 11:27 AM
that sounds interesting filming with multiple cameras and stitching together.
is that via a picture in picture approach?

i'll do some more research on angles and dvd gops for multi angles bhiga Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
05-15-2015, 08:33 AM
2nd post talks of the ms100 being supported.. that would kinda suggest that ms200 is also supported (seeing it's just a later make)

I inserted the ms200 and it nags about drive 5 having a faulty drive... Now I'm curious.. is this incompatiblity or did something go wrong while inserting it (I did everything according to the books tho, anti static, holding it by the side etc etc)

What can I expect if the drive is incompatible? Not showing up at all or above faulty message?
05-15-2015, 10:04 AM
hi just a thought, maybe drive 5 came a bit loose while you were putting in the msata?

as long as the drobo isnt doing any transfers or recovery (flashing lights etc) then maybe you can safely power off, and reseat the drives to make sure they didnt come loose and try again?

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
05-16-2015, 09:39 AM
(05-15-2015 10:04 AM)Paul Wrote:  hi just a thought, maybe drive 5 came a bit loose while you were putting in the msata?

as long as the drobo isnt doing any transfers or recovery (flashing lights etc) then maybe you can safely power off, and reseat the drives to make sure they didnt come loose and try again?

hi Paul,

Thanks for the thought. I did reseat/remove and even settled it down for an hour (so took it out and shut the drobo off)

Today I replaced the msata drive with a new one (bought it yesterday and the shop wasn't difficult about replacing it) and same error.. so either it's not compatible (which I see as unlikely, considering it's just a newer make) or the drive is faulty.

I could try and press the print down a bit.. perhaps something came loose (it does seem a bit euh.. what's it called in english, like it's not screwed in tight?)

Will try that later.. it's now rebuilding my raid.. (I also bought a few new main drives Tongue hurray for vacation pay haha)
05-16-2015, 06:09 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2015 06:37 PM by A.deNijs@chocobofarm.nl.)
ah found it.. basically the ms200 is sandforce based and should give the exact error I mentioned

Tho I do read somewhere it should be fixed with a firmware version.. hard to really find good data on it.

Gah and I already returned it once.. hmm will mail them to see if they will still swap it out

I came across the

http://www.adata.com/en/ssd/specification/222

Chipset: JMicron JMF-667 series

Is anyone familiar with this chip working with the drobo?
05-17-2015, 08:46 PM
hi i seem to remember sandforce based controllers were deemed to be incompatible (but i missed a few months from xmas time so am not up to speed yet) Smile

05-19-2015, 08:35 AM
(05-17-2015 08:46 PM)Paul Wrote:  hi i seem to remember sandforce based controllers were deemed to be incompatible (but i missed a few months from xmas time so am not up to speed yet) Smile

yeh the gist of it is that the sandforce chip doesn't implement some instruction that the Drobo talks to ... thus it doesn't work.

Got the above mentioned disk (the adata one) and works instantly Big Grin
05-19-2015, 12:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 12:45 PM by Paul.)
ok cool well done Smile
chocobos are cool too, especially in finalfantasy 2 (usa) and ff4 Big Grin

05-19-2015, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2015 02:52 PM by A.deNijs@chocobofarm.nl.)
Heh yeh,

Tho I regret getting the email Tongue it's a pain to give out to ppl, have to spell it 100% to all companies I give it to.

But yeh it's now a part of me Wink

Also I'm going to let it be renamed on the forums .. I don't like it being shown in public (I don't know how it ended up with my email, pretty sure I registered with my default username: djmulder)