Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions about Drobo 5D performance
08-19-2013, 05:03 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2013 05:05 AM by Paul.)
RE: Questions about Drobo 5D performance
thanks for the info,
ok no problem, your systems are definitely more pro than mine, but if you have any other queries you're always welcome beans Smile
(actually, as another thought... since you have an actual business, it might be worth asking drobo if you can possibly "rent" one out for you, maybe even just for shipping costs, since it ultimately might help them generate more sales in the process, so that way you can better evaluate the system in question, if ever needed) - at worst, they can say no Smile

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: Questions about Drobo 5D performance
(08-19-2013 05:03 AM)Paul Wrote:  it might be worth asking drobo if you can possibly "rent" one out for you, maybe even just for shipping costs, since it ultimately might help them generate more sales in the process, so that way you can better evaluate the system in question, if ever needed) - at worst, they can say no Smile

That's a great idea, and if I have time, I'll spring for it.

Although just reading the forum and getting some great answers helped a lot. All that remains is getting a few benchmarks in dual parity mode, and see if 5D "remembers" drives that were pulled or offlined temporarily.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply