Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Locking Power Supply?
07-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Locking Power Supply?
Ok... probably somewhere in the documentation, but I can't find it: How do you reliably connect the Mini to the green power supply? (There's a totally unhelpful picture of the cable in unlocked and locked positions.) (Apparently!) The locking plug with the green light has me baffled. First, I systematically try to figure out the correct position, then, when that doesn't work, I randomly twist and fiddle, repeatedly pushing the power button until it finally comes on. Sometimes the green LED on the back of the Mini flickers and then goes out. It doesn't seem to mean anything. If you have it figured out, I would love to be instructed!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2013, 08:34 AM
RE: Locking Power Supply?
(07-27-2013 05:21 PM)CIM Wrote:  Ok... probably somewhere in the documentation, but I can't find it: How do you reliably connect the Mini to the green power supply? (There's a totally unhelpful picture of the cable in unlocked and locked positions.) (Apparently!) The locking plug with the green light has me baffled. First, I systematically try to figure out the correct position, then, when that doesn't work, I randomly twist and fiddle, repeatedly pushing the power button until it finally comes on. Sometimes the green LED on the back of the Mini flickers and then goes out. It doesn't seem to mean anything. If you have it figured out, I would love to be instructed!

First thing you want to do is have the back of the Drobo Mini facing you. Then take the plug and you'll see that it has two locking groves on the site of plug where the green LED light is pointing up. If you turn the the plug about 90 degrees to counter clockwise, you'll see those locking groves fit into the Drobo Mini's power slot. Once it fits properly turn it 90 degrees up with the LED light facing up. That should lock it in place.
09-20-2013, 08:58 AM
First thing you want to do is have the back of the Drobo Mini facing you. Then take the plug and you'll see that it has two locking groves on the site of plug where the green LED light is pointing up. If you turn the the plug about 90 degrees to counter clockwise, you'll see those locking groves fit into the Drobo Mini's power slot. Once it fits properly turn it 90 degrees up with the LED light facing up. That should lock it in place.
[/quote]

Thanks for your reply. I have always managed to get the power on. Eventually. But this twisty connection still kind of freaks me out. I am afraid that a little movement in the power cable, twisting the plug, will interrupt the power in the middle of data transfer.

But I guess there's no solution for that except to be sure not to move anything.
09-20-2013, 01:36 PM
"Locking" would rather indicate it's not going to move once secured.

Drobo 5N | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO mSATA | 2 x 4TB Seagate, 3 x 4TB Hitachi | FS/EXT3 diskpack
Peak performance >100MBps read/write (based on FS disk pack, no jumbo frames, no SSD)
DroboPorts: Plex, Transmission, OpenSSH, NFS, nano, screen, bash