Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Gen3 won't mount or even show up in disk utility
05-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Gen3 won't mount or even show up in disk utility
I'm pulling my hair out here. I've followed all of the suggestions on the forum and all of the KB articles. I've tried literally everything from updating the dashboard to uninstalling and reinstalling it, multiple cables, restarting machines & devices, etc.

No matter what I do, I can't get the drobo Gen3 to mount on my Mac. I've updated to the latest version of Sierra 10.12.5 and had the same trouble with El Capitan 10.11.6. I can't even get the drive to show up in disk utility, Disk Warrior, or even show itself in the USB 3.0 Device Tree in the Mac System Report. The lights on the drive show that everything is in working order. After a while of no luck mounting, the drive goes into a standby mode of sorts where only the green power light is on.

And of course Drobo tech support is useless since the drive is a whopping TWO years old (this is my 2nd drobo btw... the first one failed due to "hardware" issues.

Please help!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Gen3 won't mount or even show up in disk utility - adam@stens.org - 05-22-2017 11:27 PM