Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2 TB Drobo Mini Compatible Drives?
04-10-2017, 08:20 PM
2 TB Drobo Mini Compatible Drives?
I had 4 x 1TB drives in my Drobo mini and one failed. Since I was due for extra space soon, I ordered a 2 TB drive to replace it. The exact model is a Seagate 2 TB Barracuda (ST2000LM015). When I put the drive in, it worked for several hours but then it was red and marked as failed the next day. I made sure that this wasn't a defective drive bay by moving one of the remaining 1 TB disks around and that confirmed the problem was with the disk. I initially thought I had received a defective one but I got the replacement from Amazon yesterday and same thing happened: the drive worked fine for a few hours but then went to "failed".

This makes me think that there's an incompatibility with my current setup. I think I can probably return the ST2000LM015 and request a different model but I'm having a hard time finding a detailed list of compatible 2 TB drives. After googling, I found this announcement of a bundled Drobo Mini with 4 Samsung Spinpoint M9T 2TB drives which makes me think that this drive would be a safe bet.

Does anyone have any recommendations of 2 TB drives for the Drobo Mini? Can anyone confirm that there could be an incompatibility with the ST2000LM015 drives?

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
2 TB Drobo Mini Compatible Drives? - boar-kid - 04-10-2017 08:20 PM