Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Unable to write after computer restart/shut down.
03-06-2017, 01:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 01:05 PM by sqwaguin.)
Question Unable to write after computer restart/shut down.
Hi. I own a 3rd gen Drobo. Recently I had a disk failure, so I replaced it with a larger capacity disk. My current array is: 5/4/4/4 TB. But now every time I shutdown/restart my computer (a MacPro), I can't write any files on the Drobo. The disk is shown on Finder, I can access its files, I can create folders but I can't move to/replace files on it and "Drobo Dashboard" can't find the Drobo. The only thing that fixes it is to shutdown the Drobo and turn it back on, what is really annoying to do every single time I have to restart/shut down my computer. I have also tried to use DiskWarrior to check its directory optimization index, but everything seems fine. As a side note, usually the Drobo has it own icon on the desktop, but when it stops working properly, the icon shown is the yellow one. Other thing is that I'm currently under 5% of free space, so usually a red light indicates what HD I should replace. But, when it's not working properly, this same light is shown in yellow. After the restart, it becomes red again and the disk works ok again - until I have to shutdown/restart my computer.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance,

Mac OSX 10.12.3
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Unable to write after computer restart/shut down. - sqwaguin - 03-06-2017 01:04 PM