Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blinking Red lights after multiple drive replacements.
11-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Blinking Red lights after multiple drive replacements.
Hi all,

I have a drobo mini that was running 1T/1T/1T/1T just fine for over a year. One drive went yellow, so I replaced it with a 2T, running 2T(a)/1T/1T/1T. After I made that swap, another drive went yellow, so I replaced it with a 2T as well: 2T(a)/2T(b)/1T/1T. Shortly after that, drive (a) started blinking red. I swapped it out: 2T©/2T(b)/1T/1T. Then, drive (b) started blinking red. I swapped it out: 2T©/2T(d)/1T/1T. Now, drive (d) is blinking red again.

The four 2T drives I bought came from two different vendors and are two different brands, it's unlikely that they're all bad drives. I'm not sure what the trouble is. Has anyone experience with this? Can you offer any help?

A search through the forums didn't yield any help, nor did a search through Drobo's support docs. I found one idea on a related forum that suggested that all of the drives must be working at the same speed. Is this a requirement? My 1T drives are 7200rpm, but my 2T drives are 5400 rpm. Could that be the culprit?

Thanks for all of your help!

-Vincent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Blinking Red lights after multiple drive replacements. - volivieri - 11-21-2016 11:37 AM