Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Serial drive space warnings and constant running
01-26-2017, 07:49 PM
Serial drive space warnings and constant running
I have a Gen2 and a Gen3 drobo. After upgrading the firmware and the dashboard, my drobos reported that the first (security) drive (4 TB) did not have enough space. I put a new 6 TB drive in the Gen3. Now it is reporting that the 2d drive is short of space.

Also, the drobos run continuously and bog down my computer.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-27-2017, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2017 03:36 PM by Paul.)
RE: Serial drive space warnings and constant running
hi dangerfrog, are you using windows?
when i ran dashboard service on an old xp machine in the past, i sometimes had to shut it down as it was taking up about 5-10% cpu... (often after i rebooted the machine, it was ok again though)

maybe you could try that too as a test (shutting down dashboard, and rebooting too)

for your space issue, if it is your gen3 that you upgraded a 4TB into a 6TB, is the 2nd drive showing you a solid red light?
(can i check is your 2nd drive also a 3TB drive as well? - if so, it might just be that your drobo was getting a bit low on overall space, but since the size of your largest drive is used for protection, it might just be that once you upgrade your 2nd drive, it will actually be able to use the extra space that your 1st drive now has been upgraded with)

if you post back when you get a moment with full details of the drives sizes that you have in your drobo we can go through a breakdown of the sizings together if you want

(btw i have XP home SP2, a Drobo v1 with 2x 1TB/2x 1.5TB WD greens, & a bkp Drobo v2 with the same + a DroboShare: unused)
& a DroboS v2 with 3xWD15EADS &2x1TB in DDR mode on win7, & a drobo5D (all usb)
  • btw i did a sustained (write) operation for about 6 hours, and got 13.2MB / sec ...objection? "sustained" :)
    (16.7MB/s on a v2 & 47-96MB/s drobo-s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply